Wednesday 16 December 2009

Problems with filming (external scene)

I filmed the majority of the external, nighttime scene today. Unfortunately the sound quality is not as good as hoped due to not being able to use the boom mic as it was too muddy underfoot. I used special firelighter logs to create the fire in my scene, which I originally worried wouldn't be realistic enough to make a proper fire, but they worked really well. I had problems with lighting, as it was so dark I wasn't able to pick up much on camera, but luckily I was able to borrow a pag light from a friend who works with film and that greatly enhanced my images. It wasn't the best it could have been, only certain things that were close to either the pag light or the fire showed up, but it was still a vast improvement.

When I filmed the meeting of the girl and Chris, unfortunately the camera ran out of battery as I hadn't checked that it had been charged. I was able to get enough shot to show my "focus group" what I had planned to film, but it does mean that I will have to go back at a later date and re-shoot those shots.

I had asked a friend in my media class if I could borrow his fake severed arm to use for when Chris realises they're cannibals, but he forgot it on the day so I had to ask a friend to lie down, hidden by a tree so that just his arm was on show. I think this looks more realistic, but slightly less dramatic than I had originally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment